"Drop Rohit From WC": Ex-India Star Fumes Over Fake Quote Attributed To Him

TidebO

"Drop Rohit From WC": Ex-India Star Fumes Over Fake Quote Attributed To Him Former India batter Aakash Chopra has slammed "fan-armies" for attributing a fake quote regarding India captain Rohit Sharma to him. In the viral post, a fan account claimed that Chopra wanted Rohit's exclusion from the T20 World Cup squad. However, Chopra denied making any such comments. Instead, he lashed out at the user for misquoting him. "Aakash Chopra said Rohit Sharma shouldn't have selected for T20 World Cup. He's now even failing in powerplay," a post claimed on X.

However, Chopra fumed at fan-armies for spreading fake news, and questioned if views and engagement is more important than morals.

"IPL is the best time to spread hate, fake news...and all sorts of rubbish.
Fan-armies are there to lap it up always. I often wonder if views/engagement is more important than the morals," Chopra posted on X.

IPL is the best time to spread hate, fake news...and all sorts of rubbish.
Fan-armies are there to lap it up always.
I often wonder if views/engagement is more important than the moralspic.twitter.com/rkQ69eYExC

— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) May 4, 2024
Meanwhile, Rohit will lead India's 15-man squad at the T20 World Cup, also consisting of four travelling reserves.

After skipping T20Is for more than a year, Rohit made his return to the T20I side earlier this year during the series against Afghanistan.

Speaking at a press conference earlier this week, Rohit opened up on his break from T20Is, saying that he wanted to focus on the longer formats.

"When T20 World Cup was happening, we missed a lot of T20Is. Test cricket is a format that you don't want to miss and give priority to. That's what we discussed with the players and the coaches too. Ajit came later. He doesn't know what was discussed. Whichever format happens, we give priority to that format. As 50 over World Cup was happening, we missed a lot of T20Is," Rohit on missing T20Is after T20 World Cup 2022.