Head's "Career-Ending Batting" vs LSG Reminds Star Of WC Loss To Australia

TidebO

Head's "Career-Ending Batting" vs LSG Reminds Star Of WC Loss To Australia SunRisers Hyderabad openers Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma put a sensational batting show against Lucknow Super Giants on Tuesday night in the Indian Premier League. Chasing a target of 166 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, the duo guided Pat Cummins-led SRH home in only 9.4 overs. Australian opener Head slammed 89 off 30 balls while Indian's Abhishek smashed 75 off 28 to help SRH register a 10-wicket victory. The outstanding batting performance saw Mohammad Kaif recalling the memories of 2003 World Cup final in which Australia thrashed India to win the trophy. He remembered how the Australians poured cold water on India's plans in the summit clash.

"Pat Cummins - Aussie captain, Travis Head - player from Australia. So this is the Aussie intent. I remember the 2003 World Cup final - Australia against India. The conditions were overcast. We won the toss and (Sourav) Ganguly said we would win the match as the ball would swing. Australia made 360," Kaif told Star Sports as quoted by Sportskeeda.

"This has not happened for the first time. We have seen in this entire IPL that bowlers are unable to stop these two batters. This is career-ending batting, that the bowler is dropped from the next match, they are batting like that," he added.

Talking about the game, Head was named the Player of the Match for his batting heroics.

"Lot of fun today. Nice to get this done in 10 overs. Abhishek and I have had a few partnerships like this. Just concentrate on getting in good positions, watch the ball hard and try to maximise the powerplay," said Head, who slammed 8 fours and as many sixes in his knock.

"It is something I have been working on," said the star Australia opener commenting on his spin hitting ability.

"It will be a big part in the Caribbean as well. It is important to go 360 in the modern game," he added.