Sehwag Turned Down Staggering BBL Offer, Said, "I Spent More Last Night"

TidebO

Sehwag Turned Down Staggering BBL Offer, Said, "I Spent More Last Night" One of the biggest hitters of the cricket ball in the game, Virender Sehwag is a name that needs no introduction in the global cricketing spectrum. While Sehwag's heroics for the Indian team, especially his triple ton in Test cricket, are etched in history books, not many are aware of the whopping offer he once received from the Big Bash League in Australia. Sehwag, in a chat with Australian cricket great Adam Gilchrist, revealed he was offered $100,000 once by a BBL franchise but he turned down the offer.

The conversation started when Gilchrist asked Sehwag if Indian players would ever play in the Big Bash League. Sehwag, in a witty manner, said that there's no need as Indian cricketers have a lot of money.

Adam Gilchrist: Do you see a time where Indian players will ever be able to go & play other T20 leagues? (Club Prairie fire YT).

Virender Sehwag: "No, Don't need. We are rich people, we don't go to poor countries (laughs)".

Adam Gilchrist:- Do you see a time where Indian players will ever be able to go & play other T20 leagues? (Club Prairie fire YT).

Virender Sehwag replies:- "No, Don't need. We are rich people, we don't go to poor countries (laughs)". pic.twitter.com/wRVGYXILug

— Tanuj Singh (@ImTanujSingh) April 24, 2024
Sehwag then shared his own story when he turned down a big BBL contract.

"No, Don't need, we are rich people, we don't go to poor countries for other leagues. I still remember when I was dropped from Indian team, I was playing IPL, then I got offer from BBL that I should participate in Big Bash, I said okay how much money, they said $100,000. I said I can spend that money in my holidays, even last night bill was more than $100,000," he revealed.

Adam Gilchrist:- Do you see a time where Indian players will ever be able to go & play other T20 leagues? (Club Prairie fire YT).

Virender Sehwag replies:- "No, Don't need. We are rich people, we don't go to poor countries (laughs)". pic.twitter.com/wRVGYXILug

— Tanuj Singh (@ImTanujSingh) April 24, 2024
At present, Sehwag is working as a pundit for the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. Other than his analysis for players and franchises participating in the league, the former India opening batter has also given his expert opinion on the Indian team selection for the T20 World Cup 2024.

Sehwag recently backed Yashasvi Jaiswal for a spot in India's squad for the showpiece event despite the poor form the young opener displayed until the game against Mumbai Indians.