Watch: Virat Kohli Gives It Back To PBKS Star With A Fiery Sendoff

TidebO

Watch: Virat Kohli Gives It Back To PBKS Star With A Fiery Sendoff The Punjab Kings vs Royal Challengers Bengaluru contest in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 on Thursday had Virat Kohli written all over it. From scoring a match-winning 47-ball 92 to producing fireworks on the field with brilliant catches and run-outs, Kohli was all over the game. As emotionally charged as Virat is, the RCB stalwart also made sure he gave it back to PBKS batter Rilee Rossouw after the latter's dismissal in the match. Kohli's manner of celebrating the South African's wicket was quite unique, as he decided to do that in his opponent's style while giving a fiery sendoff.

Rossouw, who had earlier performed 'gun celebration' on the field, was given it back by Kohli who also decided to send the PBKS star off in his own manner. Here are the videos and posts:

Virat Kohli the entertainer. Rilee Rossouw went berserk and celebrated his 50 in gun style, #ViratKohli replicated the same celebration after taking his catch.#PBKSvsRCB #RCBvPBKS #ViratKohli?pic.twitter.com/K6csm6x6Vh

— Ganpat Teli (@gateposts_) May 10, 2024
Virat Kohli's celebration on Rossouw's wicket. pic.twitter.com/cmwehKyITA

— (@kohlifangirl178) May 9, 2024
Though Virat had no active role to play in Rossouw's dismissal, he ensured he joined the celebrations in the middle with a send-off.

Courtesy of the win, the Royal Challengers remained in the hunt for the playoffs while the Kings were knocked out.

Kohli, 35, rode his luck and shared two crucial partnerships with Rajat Patidar (55) and Cameron Green (46) as Bengaluru scored a big 241-7 at the Dharamsala stadium.

Punjab paid the price for some sloppy fielding, dropping Kohli twice on zero and 10 off debutant seamer Vidwath Kaverappa.

Punjab suffered their eighth loss in 12 games and bowed out of the competition.

Kohli said he is always aiming to improve his game.

"I brought out the slog-sweep to the spinners. I know I can hit it as I've done it in the past," he said.

"I know I need to take risks. Takes more conviction and to remove the thought 'what if I get out?' Means I can improve my strike rate in the middle overs."

With AFP inputs