"Padosiyo Ka Haq": Afridi Reacts To Rohit's 'India-Pak Bilaterals' Remark

TidebO

"Padosiyo Ka Haq": Afridi Reacts To Rohit's 'India-Pak Bilaterals' Remark India captain Rohit Sharma recently claimed that resumption of bilaterals with Pakistan will be a huge boost to Test cricket. Now, former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has reacted to the comments made by Rohit. For the unversed, India have not played Pakistan in a bilateral series for over a decade due to the political differences between the two nations. During a discussion on the Club Prairie Fire podcast, former England captain Michael Vaughan had questioned Rohit saying: "Don't you think India playing Pakistan regularly will be fantastic for Test cricket?".

Responding to the question, Rohit said: "I totally believe that they are a good team, superb bowling line-up, good contest, if we play overseas. The last Test was played way back in 2007-08. Yeah, I would love to (play against Pakistan), it would be a great contest between two sides. We play them in ICC trophies, pure cricket I am looking at, great contest, so why not?" Rohit had said.

Afridi has now praised Rohit for his "positive statement" and said that sports can help sort out the differences between India and Pakistan.

"Bilkul bahut acha jawab hai, hona bhi yahi chahiye (very good answer, the series should happen). A positive statement from an Indian captain. He is also an ambassador of India. We have always said that the relationship between Pakistan and India.....sports -especially cricket - has played an important role in it. We used to go to India and play cricket there. These things build relationship....padosi hai padosiyo ka haq hota relationship jitna behtar ho utna acha hai (it's neighbours right to have a good relationship)," Afridi said on Samaa TV.

India and Pakistan last played each other during the ODI World Cup last year in India, with the hosts winning the game by seven wickets.

Both teams will meet once again during the T20 World Cup later this year. India and Pakistan will square off in New York on June 9.